SCHOOL OF BUILDING & ENVIRONMENT
Vision of the School
We envision Developing the school of Building and Environment, Sathyabama University as a State of the art Research Centre in creating responsive Built Environment through energy efficient and structurally stable infrastructure and foster our students to face the challenges of the Dynamic World.
Objectives of the School
- Nurturing students in the exploration of skills, their creativity in design, and their expressions.
- Create a platform to collaborate on projects in developing innovative strategies in the built environment by integrating research skills throughout the curriculum.
- Involve students in community and social activities to increase their responsibility in the making of the society.
- Demonstrating a strong faith in the profession through our unique teaching methodologies.
The School of Building and Environment consists of Department of Architecture and Department of Civil Engineering. The school offers the following Courses.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Master of Architecture (Building Management)
- Master of Architecture (Sustainable Architecture)
- Master of Engineering (Structural Engineering)
- Master of Technology (Remote sensing and GIS)
Unique Strengths of the School
- Dedicated and Experienced Faculty Members
- Committed, Young and Dynamic Faculty
- Proficient in Team Work Performance
- Excellent Academic Performance of students
- Competent and Disciplined Students
- Achievements of Faculty and Students at National and International Forums
- Freedom of Collaborative Functioning
- Regular Visiting Faculty, Practicing and Eminent Architects/ Structural Engineers
- Regular Site visits and Collaborated Workshops
- Closely Associated with Industrial Organization, NGO’s & Various Professional Bodies.
Achievements of the School
- The School has a Guinness record for the longest painting measuring 2,235m, which was created by students of the School in 2003.
- Received the prestigious Limca book of Records in the year 2014 for creating the longest maze with the recycled materials.
- Approved for the prestigious Limca book of Records in the year 2015 for creating the largest back drop with recycled pet bottle caps.
- The Department of Architecture, School of Building & Environment has won the Indo Global Architecture Education Excellence Award in December 2015 by Indo Global Chamber Of Commerce, Industries And Agriculture, India
- In the GHRDC Architecture Colleges Survey 2017, the department of Architecture has bagged the 3rd overall rank in excellence. http://ghrdc.org/website/ArchitectureSurvey/2017/OverallRank.html